Benefits of Vascular Society Membership
The Society represents and provides professional support for over 600 members, including vascular surgeons, vascular radiologists and others involved in independent vascular practices in Great Britain and Ireland. Membership of the Society is widely recognised in the vascular community as a mark of professional achievement.
The advantages of membership of the Vascular Society include:
- The VSGBI represents vascular specialists nationally and helps drive policy through its relations with Royal Colleges, other related professional Societies (e.g. BSIR) and the Department of Health. Members have access to the Executive and Council who prepare and enable these policies
- The VSGBI promotes vascular training, runs training courses and has lobbied for positions such as the post CCT Fellowships, and the Endovascular Fellowships
- The VSGBI organises specialist courses and meetings delivered locally, together with an annual meeting with scientific and political updates
VS members can enjoy ESVS membership at a discounted rate, and benefit from the following ESVS membership benefits:
• Almost 30% discount on ESVS membership fees
• Online version of the EJVES, the European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
• Discounts to the annual meeting and ESVS onsite training courses, scientific or educational events
• Free online attendance at live Mastercl@ss and ESVS Educational Webinars (*new)
• Free access to videos on demand, podcastsand other resources via e-library (*new, coming soon)
• Eligibility for several grant applications, where applicable
• Voting rights, where applicable
• Print version of the EJVES at only 40€
• Access to the membership directory
• Regular ESVS society news via the Newsletter
VSGBI members can take advantage of this offer.
- The VSGBI together with HQIP and the clinical effectiveness unit (CEU) at the RCS London maintains the National Vascular Registry, the principal outcomes database for vascular interventions in the UK and Ireland (and for the NHS AAA Screening Programme)
- The Society’s Professional Standards Committee, (PSC) offers support to individuals and hospitals. For further information follow this link to the Council and Committees page. Details of the support and advice scheme are given in the Professional Standards Committee section.
- The Society is an associate partner of the BJS. This entitles VS members to a reduced BJS subsciption, £55 / 71 euros online. An online subscription to BJS gives you instant access to content directly from your desktop or mobile device:
Instant access to important general surgery research from around the globe
Read issues back to 1998
Download the BJS app for access to content on the move
Access the top cited and most popular papers
Get the latest articles ahead of the print edition with Early View
View articles in HTML, PDF or the interactive Anywhere Article
Search by keywords, author, and much more
Get the latest articles delivered direct to your desktop or mobile device with Content Alerting
For more information go to the BJS page HERE
The Society places great importance on the needs and welfare of our Members, and is available to contact Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (02072057150) or email email@example.com.
Find out which membership category you belong to