Benefits of Vascular Society Membership
The Society represents and provides professional support for over 600 members, including vascular surgeons, vascular radiologists and others involved in independent vascular practices in Great Britain and Ireland. Membership of the Society is widely recognised in the vascular community as a mark of professional achievement.
The advantages of membership of the Vascular Society include:
- The VSGBI represents vascular specialists nationally and helps drive policy through its relations with Royal Colleges, other related professional Societies (e.g. BSIR) and the Department of Health. Members have access to the Executive and Council who prepare and enable these policies
- The VSGBI promotes vascular training, runs training courses and has lobbied for positions such as the post CCT Fellowships, and the Endovascular Fellowships
- The VSGBI organises specialist courses and meetings delivered locally, together with an annual meeting with scientific and political updates
- The VSGBI together with HQIP and the clinical effectiveness unit (CEU) at the RCS London maintains the National Vascular Registry, the principal outcomes database for vascular interventions in the UK and Ireland (and for the NHS AAA Screening Programme)
- The Society’s Professional Standards Committee offers support to individuals and hospitals. For further information follow this link to the Council and Committees page.
- The Society is an associate partner of the BJS. This entitles VS members to a reduced BJS subsciption, £55 / 71 euros online. An online subscription to BJS gives you instant access to content directly from your desktop or mobile device:
Instant access to important general surgery research from around the globe
Read issues back to 1998
Download the BJS app for access to content on the move
Access the top cited and most popular papers
Get the latest articles ahead of the print edition with Early View
View articles in HTML, PDF or the interactive Anywhere Article
Search by keywords, author, and much more
Get the latest articles delivered direct to your desktop or mobile device with Content Alerting
For more information go to the BJS page HERE
The Society places great importance on the needs and welfare of our Members, and is available to contact Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (02072057150) or email email@example.com.
Find out which membership category you belong to